A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per-article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate National Zero Far-Left Biased and questionable based on a complete lack of transparency and the promotion of propaganda through one-sided hyper-partisan reporting.
Reasoning: Propaganda, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: FAR LEFT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2020, National Zero is an anonymously published progressive/liberal news and opinion blog. The website lacks transparency as they do not have an about page, disclose ownership, editors or authors. The domain is registered in Iceland, but the website appears to be based in the United States.
Social media features the tagline “Political news for the discerning cynic.”
Funded by / Ownership
National Zero lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. At this time, the website does not appear to have a revenue model. Our previous report mistakenly thought a placeholder banner was an ad.
Analysis / Bias
National Zero publishes news and opinion articles from a progressive liberal perspective. Articles typically summarize a known news story and add left-leaning commentary. Headlines and the content of articles often use emotional wording such as this Eight confirmed deaths, more expected in massive Kentucky flooding; Governor sends rescuers, while Rand Paul, wife are dicks. This story is sourced from the Washington Post and Tweets.
Editorially, all stories favor the left and denigrate the right such as this Text messages from Trump’s Homeland Security Secretary, deputy missing from days around January 6th GOP terrorist attack. The wording within articles harshly criticizes the right “Like the vast majority of young Republican politicians, Lauren Boebert is an idiot. Declaring that the US “officially enter[ed] into a recession” is not just factually inaccurate, it demonstrates that the GED-issued alleged former prostitute abortionist didn’t study economics to “graduate” from high school.”
In general, the information presented on National Zero is rooted in fact and sourced from credible media outlets; however, the wording and one-sided reporting render the source misleading and propagandistic.
Failed Fact Checks
- There is no record of this source being fact-checked by a third party.
Overall, we rate National Zero Far-Left Biased and questionable based on a complete lack of transparency and the promotion of propaganda through one-sided hyper-partisan reporting. (D. Van Zandt 07/29/2022) Updated (08/05/2022)
Last Updated on August 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/19/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 19, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Higher Perspectiveby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 19, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Brian Stelter to depart CNN as it cancels 'Reliable Sources' media showby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 6:10 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/18/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bemidji Pioneerby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 18, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/17/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 17, 2022 at 10:30 am