Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate National File an extreme right Tin-Foil Hat Conspiracy website based on the promotion of unproven/debunked claims and a Strong Pseudoscience purveyor based on using junk science to support claims.
Bias Rating: FAR RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2019, National File is a conspiracy and pseudoscience website that reports from a conservative perspective. According to their about page: “National File is a bold new media project focused on hard news regarding cultural movements, political issues, the tech industry, and other topics about the New Right. Our team includes distinguished journalists with previous experience at Breitbart, The Daily Caller, Free Beacon, The Gateway Pundit, GameRanx, One Angry Gamer, and Big League Politics. All articles published by National File are true and factual.” (Not even close, see below)
The current editor is Tom Pappert, who, in 2015, began a viral Facebook page supporting President Donald Trump. Pappert’s work has also been featured in Breitbart, Big League Politics, and Infowars, where he has been a guest on the show.
Funded by / Ownership
Flyover Media LLC owns National File. Advertising and donations fund the website.
Analysis / Bias
In review, National File publishes conspiracy and pseudoscience-related news stories from an extreme right perspective. Articles frequently use loaded emotional language: Biden Slammed By The Left As An Attempted Social Security-Cutter. This story is sourced from the Questionable Breitbart as well as the credible Politico. The website also features a section dedicated to immigration that routinely portrays immigrants negatively, such as this: FLASHBACK: Swedish Boy Beaten by Migrant for Having Blue Eyes. In general, National File takes a strong white nationalist anti-immigration position through negative portrayal of immigrants and/or Muslims as criminals or dangerous such as this: UK: Pedophile Rape Gang Left to Roam Streets, Police Knew, Did Nothing About it.
National File frequently publishes conspiracies such as the Clintons being involved in human sex trafficking to World Trade Center conspiracies, implying that the towers were taken down by controlled demolition. Both claims have been debunked. They also reject human-influenced climate change and frequently resort to pseudoscience or junk science to validate their points. Finally, they promote anti-vaccine propaganda: Parents Take To The Streets To Save Vaccine Exemptions From Political Elites. In general, National File is a light version of Infowars that lacks credibility.
Failed Fact Checks
- Was Nancy Pelosi’s son an executive for a Ukrainian gas company? – FALSE
- Says the sons of Nancy Pelosi, Mitt Romney, and John Kerry are all on the boards of “energy companies doing business in Ukraine.” – FALSE
- Is the United Nations office in New York recruiting paramilitary troops for disarmament and reintegration of U.S. civilians? – FALSE
- A yearbook photo shows Mark Kelly dressed as Adolf Hitler. – False
- CDC Inflated COVID Numbers and violated federal Law. – False
- “Pfizer [COVID-19] vaccine confirmed to cause neurodegenerative diseases”; “mRNA vaccines […] can integrate into the human genome” – Inaccurate
- The Australian government seized and forcibly vaccinated 24,000 students. – False
- Wisconsin Assembly Unanimously Votes To Withdraw Biden’s 2020 Electoral Votes – False
Overall, we rate National File an extreme right Tin-Foil Hat Conspiracy website based on the promotion of unproven/debunked claims and a Strong Pseudoscience purveyor based on using junk science to support claims. (D. Van Zandt 1/20/2020) Updated (01/29/2022)
Last Updated on January 29, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am