These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate MyNewsLA.com Least Biased based on minimal editorializing of content. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to a lack of transparency with ownership and poor sourcing techniques.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2014, MyNewsLA.com is a news website that covers local news for Los Angeles and Orange County. MyNewsLA.com is based in Los Angeles and focuses on providing breaking news, sports, business, crime, and entertainment.
Funded by / Ownership
MyNewsLA.com, a sister site of the Times of San Diego, is owned by Chris Jennewein through CalNews, Inc. Chris Jennewein writes for Times of San Diego LLC. The website lacks transparency as they do not identify Chris Jennewein as the owner of CalNews, Inc. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, MyNewsLA.com offers content through “official sources, wire services, the public relations community, and its own staff of five editors.” Its stories tend to focus on the local greater Los Angeles area issues. Headlines utilize minimally loaded language, and information is sourced through quotes rather than hyperlinks. Such as here “Mayor Eric Garcetti Unveils Proposed $11.8 Billion Budget,” “VP Harris to Speak at LA Fundraiser for Democratic National Committee,” and “Conservative Group Seeks Records Related to UCLA Law Professor.”
Editorially, MyNewsLA.com does not provide opinion content. Story selection is balanced and straightforward in reporting with minimal editorializing. In general, they are a low-biased website that publishes straight news stories.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate MyNewsLA.com Least Biased based on minimal editorializing of content. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to a lack of transparency with ownership and poor sourcing techniques. (M. Huitsing (04/21/2022)
Last Updated on April 21, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. Senate Gives Final Congressional Approval To $40 Billion Aid Package For Ukraineby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm
- Finland and Sweden Apply for NATO Membershipby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:59 pm
- New Twitter policy aims to pierce fog of war misinformationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:43 pm
- Biden To Meet Swedish, Finnish Leaders On NATO Membershipby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm
- Texas asks Supreme Court to keep state social media censorship law in effectby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm