A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Liberty Bell far right biased and Questionable based on lack of transparency, use of poor sources, and the promotion of right-wing propaganda and conspiracy theories.
Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency, Propaganda, Conspiracy, False information
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Per a domain search, the website was registered in 2003. Liberty Bell is an anonymously run conservative news and opinion website with the tagline “Real American News.” According to their about page, “We’ll search for different perspectives on all things that matter, make America great or appear to threaten the security and sovereignty of our beloved nation.”
The website lacks transparency as they do not name authors’ editors or clearly explain who owns the website.
Funded by / Ownership
The Liberty Bell is owned by Freedom Corps LLC, which is registered in the state of Delaware. Funding and revenue are unclear as they do not use display advertising or a donation link.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Liberty Bell curates and summarizes conservative news stories with additional commentary added to the articles. Articles and headlines often contain loaded emotional, sensationalized headlines such as Rumors Allege That Biden’s Sign Language Interpreter Is MAGA — The Left Has Filed A Petition To Have Her Booted, and Judge Drops Hammer On State For Plan That Allowed Ballots Without Postmark — They Were Illegal!. All stories favor the right and, in particular former President Donald Trump. When it comes to sourcing, they often select questionable sources such as WND, Big League Politics, Breitbart, and the Gateway Pundit, all of which have poor track records with fact-checkers.
During 2020, Liberty Bell promoted misinformation regarding Covid-19, such as anti-maks propaganda and election fraud conspiracies during the Presidential Election Alert: Shocking Voter Fraud Captured On Camera. This story is false. In general, the Liberty Bell is not a reliable source that holds a far-left editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years. See the above examples.
Overall, we rate Liberty Bell far right biased and Questionable based on lack of transparency, use of poor sources, and the promotion of right-wing propaganda and conspiracy theories. (D. Van Zandt 1/31/2021) Updated (03/18/2022)
Last Updated on March 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am