These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate LGBTQ Nation Left Biased based on story selection and wording that almost always favors the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to not labeling opinion pieces, which may mislead the reader.
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2013, LGBTQ Nation is an online news magazine, reporting on issues relevant to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer community. The current Editorial Director is Chris Bull, and the Editor-in-Chief is Bil Browning.
Funded by / Ownership
LGBTQ Nation is owned by Q.Digital, which is a media company that serves the LGBTQ community through its sites: LGBTQ Nation, Queerty, and GayCities. According to their about page “LGBTQ Nation and Q. Digital funds its operations by offering advertising placements.”
Analysis / Bias
In review, LGBTQ Nation promotes global gay rights through reporting of news on politics, elections, life, and health. News reporting often contains loaded emotional wording in headline such as this: GOP lawmaker’s extremely conservative sex ed bill is dead. She blames LGBTQ activism. and this Serial rapist’s mom says he had “a good Christian family” that does “not believe in homosexuality”. This story is properly sourced to the Guardian and BBC. Story selection always favors the left and often focuses on hate crimes and discrimination against LGBTQ such as this Two LGBT students are suing an evangelical college for expelling them.
Editorially, LGBTQ Nation frequently reports negatively on conservatives and the Trump administration such as this: Trump’s Greenville rally is a dangerous omen for America’s future. In general, LGBTQ Nation routinely denigrates the right and reports favorably on the left.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check. However, LGBTQ Nation does not accurately label opinion pieces, which can be misleading to the reader.
Overall, we rate LGBTQ Nation Left Biased based on story selection and wording that almost always favors the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to not labeling opinion pieces, which may mislead the reader. (D. Van Zandt 2/9/2017) Updated (01/15/2020)
Last Updated on May 30, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am