These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate KUOW-NPR Left-Center Biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1952, KUOW is an FM radio station based in Seattle, Washington that broadcasts National Public Radio.
Funded by / Ownership
KUOW-NPR is service of the University of Washington, but is operated by KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio, a nonprofit community organization. Revenue is derived through Listeners, Members, and Business contributions. The organizations also get funding from the University of Washington and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the KUOW-NPR website reports news and radio programming information with minimal bias. News on the website is derived from NPR and often utilizes minimally loaded language such as this House Democrats Unveil 2 Articles Of Impeachment Against Trump. This story is fact-based and cites quotations and first-person accounts. In general, story selection tends to slightly lean left, through some negative coverage of President Trump and positive coverage of Democrats, but there is a consistent credible balance.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate KUOW-NPR Left-Center Biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 5/18/2016) Update (12/10/2019)
Last Updated on May 17, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am