These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate CBS Denver (KCNC) Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1953, KCNC-TV is a CBS owned-and-operated television station licensed to Denver, Colorado, United States. The associated website is denver.cbslocal.com, which publishes local and national news, sports, weather, and crime for the greater Denver area.
Funded by / Ownership
CBS Denver (KCNC) is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which is owned by National Amusements, Inc. They are operated by the third-generation leadership of the Redstone family. The President of National Amusements and chairwoman of the company is Shari Ellin Redstone. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the CBS Denver website publishes sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and local news for the greater Denver region through CBSN. Local news articles and headlines use minimal emotionally loaded wording such as this: Officer Eric Talley Among 10 Killed In Boulder King Soopers Shooting. Most stories are accompanied by a video from the TV station. National news stories are published from other CBS affiliates as well as the Associated Press.
Editorially, CBS Denver does not publish op-eds, however, they do report on politics with slightly more stories favoring the left such as this Media Literacy Bill Passes State House, Moves Onto State Senate, and this Colorado Supporters of Joe Biden Excited By National Performance. In general, the news is reported factually and with a slight left-leaning bias when covering politics.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate CBS Denver (KCNC) Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 03/23/2021)
Last Updated on February 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm