These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate ISRAEL21c Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MODERATE FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2001, ISRAEL21c is an English-language online news website that predominantly covers science and technology news from Israel as well as life and culture. They were founded by Israeli-American businessmen Zvi Alon and Eric Benhamou with the purpose of improving Israel’s image. ISRAEL21c headquarters are in Tel Aviv, Israel. Brian Abrahams is the Executive Director of the website. Nicky Blackburn is the Editor.
Funded by / Ownership
Although ISRAEL21c’s founders are Eric Benhamou and Zvi Alon, they do not disclose its ownership on the website. Advertising and donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, ISRAEL21c focuses on technology-related news such as ”Polytex expands contactless scrubs dispensing in Spain.” In their headlines, they use minimally loaded language such as this: “Israeli Election Day is still surprisingly low-tech.” They sourced this story from government sources such as the Israel Ministry of foreign affairs. Further, they also utilize credible sources such as the New York Times.
When covering the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, they usually are objective as they cover both sides fairly, such as this: “Pain and hope fill hearts of Israeli coexistence activists” and “Arab nurse reunites with Jew he saved from Acre lynching.” In general, their coverage leans left in regards to culture and lifestyle, such as “Taking ‘pride’ in Israel’s gay rights.”
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate ISRAEL21c Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 5/30/2021)
Last Updated on February 11, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm