These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate iPolitics Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: Canada 16/180
Founded in 2010, iPolitics is a Canadian digital newspaper, which covers stories in Canadian politics. They also print a quarterly magazine. According to their about page, they provide “Cutting-edge coverage of Canadian politics, policy and the business of government.” The current managing editor is Janet Silver.
Funded by / Ownership
iPolitics is owned by Torstar, which is a Canadian media conglomerate. The company is primarily a publisher of daily and community newspapers, including its flagship and namesake, the Toronto Star. Revenue is derived through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, iPolitics covers Canadian politics and news with the use of minimally loaded language such as this Ford asks Trudeau for details of vaccine types, quantities, and timing. They also occasionally publish with loaded words that favor the left such as this Why evangelicals see Trump as their champion and Biden as the enemy. All information reviewed is properly sourced on this website. In general, the news is reported factually and with a left-leaning bias in story selection.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate iPolitics Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/15/2016) Updated (11/27/2020)
Last Updated on November 27, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm