These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Investopedia Least Biased based on neutral news reporting and low biased editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1999, Investopedia is an educational finance news and services website based in New York. Investopedia focuses on investing, education, and financial news. CEO David Siegel has managed its operations since 2015. According to their about page, “Investopedia strives to empower every person to feel in control of their financial future. Our editors and experts have been simplifying complex financial information and decisions for readers since 1999.”
Investopedia’s topics include News, Investing, Financial Advisers, Tech, Markets, Small Business, The Trump Economy, Retirement, Small Business, Bitcoin, Anxiety Index, and more.
Funded by / Ownership
Investopedia is owned by Dotdash, an American digital media company that publishes articles and videos about various subjects across categories, including health, home, food, finance, tech, beauty, lifestyle, travel, and education. Revenue is generated through advertising and subscription fees to educational classes.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Investopedia covers financial news with minimal bias in wording such as this Why Money is Rushing into Small Cap Stocks and ETFs. This story is properly sourced to Financial Times and Barrons Magazine. The website also features a section dedicated to Political News that also utilized a neutral tone and is well-sourced such as this: Cold War With China Will Hurt U.S. Stocks Long After Trade Deal. Although Investopedia does not always agree with President Trump’s economic policies, they always report factually and with low bias: How Donald Trump Got His Money. In general, Investopedia reports news factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Investopedia Least Biased based on neutral news reporting and low biased editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 8/19/2017) Updated (2/14/2021)
Last Updated on May 17, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am