Reasoning: Lack Of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: Canada 16/180
Founded in 2017, InfoScum is a news aggregation website that is really just a portal to sell products. InfoScum does not have an about page, nor any information about ownership, or really anything that points toward a living human being. According to Whois, the domain is registered to someone in Toronto, Canada.
Read our profile on Canadian government influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not offer any information on ownership and they are funded through advertising. In fact, they have an entire page dedicated to “Deals”.
Analysis / Bias
In review, InfoScum is a news aggregator that breaks news into the categories of all news, science, video, and podcasts. All links lead to the source websites when clicked. The all news section consists of mostly left-leaning sources such as HuffPo, Yahoo News and Axios. Science news points to Pro-Science sources such as Phys.org, Science Daily and Scientific American. The podcast section links to mostly left-leaning podcasts such as Rachel Maddow and Adam Carrolla.
The main purpose of this website is to encourage clicks on ads.
Overall, we rate InfoScum Left-Center Biased based on the left-leaning sources they aggregate and High for factual reporting, but Questionable overall as there is zero transparency. I want to re-emphasize that the news they link to is credible, but the site on a whole is not. (D. Van Zandt 1/15/2019)
Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am