A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate the Grand Canyon Times right-center biased and Questionable based on being an imposter website that is designed to look like a local news source as well as a lack of transparency and false information published by their parent company.
Reasoning: Imposter Site, Lack of Transparency, False Information
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The Grand Canyon Times is a conservative news and opinion website published by Metric Media LLC that is designed to look like a local news source. Metric Media publishes over 1000 websites with the same design and about page that reads “Metric Media was established to fill the void in community news after years of decline in local reporting by legacy media. Our approach is to provide objective, data-driven information without political bias. We provide 100% original reporting, including to share as much data as possible from government and other publicly available sources.”
Metric Media LLC lacks transparency as they do not have an about page that describes their conservative agenda, nor discloses funding and ownership.
Funded by / Ownership
Although the Metric Media LLC website does not disclose ownership, each of their local news websites states on their about pages that they are owned by the Metric Media Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit news content provider. The CEO of Metric Media is conservative political consultant Bradley Cameron. The foundation is funded through donations and grants but lacks transparency as they do not disclose who their donors are. Metric Media LLC websites receive revenue through advertising and donations to the Metric Media Foundation. Based on the size and scope of this operation it is assumed that the Metric Media Foundation provides the majority of funding to Metric Media LLC for the production of their websites.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Grand Canyon Times is one of over 1000 conservative-leaning news websites published by the Metric Media LLC Network. All of these sites have the same design and generally rely on algorithmically produced content. Original content usually holds a right-leaning editorial bias. Please see the full review of Metric Media websites here.
Failed Fact Checks
- See Metric Media
Overall, we rate the Grand Canyon Times right-center biased and Questionable based on being an imposter website that is designed to look like a local news source as well as a lack of transparency and false information published by their parent company. (D. Van Zandt 11/08/2020)
Last Updated on November 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm