These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate GOPUSA Right Biased based on editorial positions that routinely favor the right. We also rate them mostly factual in reporting rather than High due to sometimes not sourcing information.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
GOPUSA is a conservative news and opinion website founded by Dr. Robert Eberle, President, and CEO of GOPUSA. According to their about page, “GOPUSA is not affiliated with the Republican National Committee. GOPUSA is a private company whose mission is to spread the conservative message throughout America. We strive to be the first source Republicans and conservatives turn to for news and information, both at the state and national levels.”
Funded by / Ownership
Robert Eberle owns GOPUSA with revenue derived through a monetized Youtube channel.
Analysis / Bias
The website features a link to Dr. Robert Eberle’s Youtube channel and publishes conservative news and commentary. Most news stories are from other sources such as the Orange Country Register, Associated Press, and Fox News.
Commentary articles are usually original and always favor the right such as this Cancel Culture And Wokeness Will Destroy Our Country. This opinion piece makes claims without providing hyperlinked supporting evidence. Although the site reports debunked 2020 election fraud sympathetically, it does not claim that it happened. When it comes to climate change, they are skeptical and not deniers. In general, their editorial positions align strongly with the conservative right.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the last 5 years.
Overall, we rate GOPUSA Right Biased based on editorial positions that routinely favor the right. We also rate them mostly factual in reporting rather than High due to sometimes not sourcing information. (M. Huitsing 8/16/2017) Updated (8/13/2021)
Last Updated on August 13, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am