These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Global Citizen Left-Center biased based on a left leaning political stance and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Launched in 2008, Global Citizen is an international non-profit, education and advocacy organization headquartered in New York. The goal of Global Citizen is to facilitate solutions, increase awareness and action to a wide range of issues the world is facing such as extreme poverty in developing countries.
Global Citizen is co-founded by Hugh Evans, Simon Moss, and Wei Soo. Peter Murphy is the Executive Chairman of Global Citizen. Randall Lane, Editor of Forbes, Arianna Huffington CEO/founder of Huffington Post and Jane Rosenthal Co-founder/ Tribeca Films are also included on the board of directors.
Global Citizen’s about page states “We organize massive global campaigns to amplify the actions of Global Citizens from around the world.” Global Citizen runs the renowned Global Citizen Festival in NYC followed by concerts held around the world.
Global Citizen is against nationalism and isolationism, which they believe keep people living in extreme poverty. Therefore, they are organizing campaigns around the world to create change in the areas of education, food and hunger, health, gender equality, water and sanitation, and US foreign aid.
Funded by / Ownership
Global Citizen is funded through donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Global Citizen utilizes minimally loaded emotional words in their headlines and articles such as “This Is the Powerful Message the ‘National Teacher of the Year’ Shared With President Trump” and “How Bill Gates Hopes $1.7 Billion Can Transform the US Education System”. However, Global Citizen’s articles are always backed up by utilizing credible sources such as The Guardian, ccsso.org, .unhcr.org, carbonbrief.org, rwjf.org, and worldbank.org. The story selection of Global Citizen has a left leaning, progressive viewpoint and they have never failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate Global Citizen Left-Center biased based on a left leaning political stance and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information. (M. Huitsing 5/9/2018) Updated (7/28/2018)
Last Updated on April 7, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: il Giornaleby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:15 am
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm