These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias, but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Frontiers in Science as a Pro-Science journal based on peer-review and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: Switzerland 8/180
Founded in 2010, Frontiers in Psychology is a peer-reviewed open access journal that aims at publishing the best research across the entire field of psychology. The journal is published through Frontiers Media and the editor-in-chief Axel Cleeremans
Funded by / Ownership
Frontiers in Psychology is owned by Frontiers Media which is a for-profit corporation operated by Holtzbrinck Publishing Group. Funding comes from digital sales of content and author fees for publication. Frontiers Media has been criticized for being a predatory open-access publisher.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Frontiers in Psychology is an open-access journal that publishes information and research related to psychology in 27 different sections. The journal primarily publishes research such as this Assessment of the quality of life in parents of children with ADHD: Validation of the Multicultural Quality of Life in Norwegian pediatric mental health settings. Further, Scopus classifies it as a general psychology journal and gives it a 2019 CiteScore rank of 73% (above average) compared to all other indexed general psychology journals. In general, Frontiers in Psychology is a credible scientific journal, as we cannot find any controversy or significant retractions to date.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Frontiers in Science as a Pro-Science journal based on peer-review and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 1/9/2017) Updated (1/15/2021)
Last Updated on January 15, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am