- In conclusion, we rate FL24.net right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of misinformation and a lack of transparency, as well as the use of poor sources.
Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency.
Bias Rating: FAR-RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MODERATE FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2019, FL24.net or France Libre 24 is a far-right news and opinion website based in France and Poland.
The website lacks an about page but lists the editor as Anne van Gelder.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
According to the EU Disinfo Lab, FL24.net “is a site that presents itself as a “French news website,” hiding both the fact that it was created in Poland in July 2019 and that it’s heavily tied to a controversial Polish far-right media network (Najwyższy Czas! & Wolnosc24).” The website covers polarizing topics, such as identity, religion, immigration, and insecurity, covering French news in detail and some international news. Articles and headlines contain loaded emotional wording that favors the right, such as who noticed the huge mistake in Macron’s speech? This story is sourced from a credible French News source, ladepeche.fr. FL24.net does not perform original reporting but rather sources from credible media and inserts commentary to fit a far-right narrative.
Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, FL24 has published misinformation such as this, In Norway, at least 13 deaths linked to complications after receiving Pfizer Coronavirus vaccine. The general theme is they focus on the negative aspects of vaccines. We also found instances of them using poor conspiracy sources such as Gnews, which has connections to Steve Bannon. Politically, story selection always favors the right and denigrates the left Bug in the leftists’ matrix: Jaïr Bolsonaro appoints a black Minister of Education. In general, FL24 aligns with the right and is not always factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- Not formally fact-checked. See Here.
In conclusion, we rate FL24.net right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of misinformation and a lack of transparency, as well as the use of poor sources. (D. Van Zandt 4/2/2021)
Last Updated on February 16, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: NBC New Yorkby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am