These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate AltNewsMedia Right Biased based on story selection that significantly favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting based on the occasional promotion of conspiracy theories and pseudoscience.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: United Kingdom (33/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
According to their about page, “ALTNEWSMEDIA provides an alternative to the fake news mainstream media narrative. We firmly believe there is an extremely biased toxic (mainly liberal) media out there. Millions of ordinary people want news without the filter of bias – so if Trump does something good, it is praised; if he does something bad, it is criticized. Sounds obvious, doesn’t it, but who is actually doing it?”
Funded by / Ownership
AltNewsMedia Ltd, based in London, owns the website. Donations and advertising generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, AltNewsMedia reports news with a strong right bias. There is the moderate use of loaded words such as this: The latest climate report is not a serious document. Though this article is properly sourced to credible media, it also accuses the so-called liberal press of cherry-picking information to be alarmist with climate change. In effect, AltNewsMedia is creating the opposite narrative by minimizing the impact of human-caused climate change. While AltNewsMedia does not deny climate change, they certainly minimize what the consensus of science predicts will happen.
On immigration, AltNewsMedia also supports the right-wing position of limited immigration. Further, most of the news reported regarding USA politics is hostile toward Democrats. The website also promotes conspiracy theories such as this ‘Whoever Controls The Media, Controls The Mind.’ Further, they have spread false or misleading information concerning Covid-19 (see below)
Failed Fact Checks
- 100,000 Chinese workers from Wuhan and Wenzhou to work in the country’s factories, who might have become the source of spreading COVID-19 – False
Overall, we rate AltNewsMedia Right Biased based on story selection that significantly favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting based on the occasional promotion of conspiracy theories and pseudoscience. (D. Van Zandt 10/12/2018) Updated (12/29/2021)
Last Updated on December 29, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am