These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Euromaidan Press Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: LIMTED FREEDOM
Media Type: Newspaper (Online)
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
According to the Euromaidan Press (EP) about page, they are an “online newspaper launched in 2014 by Ukrainian volunteers. Euromaidan Press posts news, article translations, interviews, photo galleries, original analysis, and more for Western media and the world.” Their vision statement reads “We believe in a democratic and united Ukraine that is free from foreign pressure or coercion, with a government that is accountable to its people and where on basis of the rule of law a society is created and maintained that provides its citizens of all ethnic backgrounds with equal rights and possibilities to build their futures, free from want, corruption, and political oppression.”
Funded by / Ownership
Euromaidan Press is registered as a non-governmental organization. Donations provide revenue for the organization.
Analysis / Bias
All articles reviewed were pro-Ukrainian, however, they do make an effort to give both Ukrainian and Russian perspectives in their ongoing conflict. Further, The GW Library cites Euromaidan Press as a Progressive Ukrainian site, that promotes pro-Ukrainian propaganda. Overall, the content of headlines and articles use minimal loaded words and most times quote sources that are credible. Based on strong sourcing and left-leaning political affiliation, we rate Euromaidan Press (EP) as high for factual reporting with a left-center pro-Ukrainian bias.
In general, this source has not changed since the last evaluation and continues on its mission.
Failed Fact Checks
- None since the original evaluation.
Overall, we rate Euromaidan Press Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 7/26/2017) Updated (05/11/2022)
Last Updated on May 11, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am