These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the El Paso Times Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank:: USA 45/180
Founded in 1881, The El Paso Times is the newspaper for the U.S. city of El Paso, Texas. The paper is currently the only English-language daily in El Paso. The current editor is Tim Archuleta.
Funded by / Ownership
The El Paso Times is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. The newspaper is funded through advertising and paid subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the El Paso Times covers news, sports, lifestyle, and entertainment for the greater El Paso, Texas area. Local news is reported with minimal loaded emotional language such as this Trucks stolen from Central El Paso car dealership. National and international news comes from other Gannett publications and the Associated Press.
Editorially, the El Paso Times traditionally endorses Democratic candidates since 2012. In general, the news is reported factually and with slight left-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the El Paso Times Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 10/7/2016) Updated (8/29/2020)
Last Updated on September 23, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am