These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Egypt Today Right Biased based on story selection that promotes right leaning nationalistic propaganda and Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: Egypt 163/180
Established in 2017, Egypt Today is a news website from a monthly print Magazine based in Cairo, Egypt. Mohamed Abd El-Baky is the editor of the magazine’s website. The monthly magazine Business Today, is its sister publication. The print version of Egypt Today was founded in 1979. Egypt Today mainly focuses on topics such as news and politics, lifestyle and culture.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In 2019, Reporters Without Borders ranked Egypt 163/180 in their Press Freedom Index, which is almost completely lacking press freedom.
In review, Egypt Today publishes articles in favor of Al-Sisi, for example in this article “Sisi previews human rights in Egypt with ACHPR.” However, they do not indicate the criticism he faces regarding human rights abuses often mentioned by western human rights organizations and media such as Human Rights Watch: “Egypt: Year of Abuses Under al-Sisi”. Furthermore, Egypt Today often sources to MENA or Middle East News Agency, which is a government run news agency based in Egypt. Finally, most articles completely lack sourced information and are written by Egypt Today Staff providing a name or bio.
When it comes to news pertaining to the USA, in particular the Trump administration, they use a positive tone “Sisi to meet Trump for fifth time in 2 years.” In general, Egypt Today has minimal freedom to report news accurately and therefore promotes pro-Government propaganda.
Overall, we rate Egypt Today Right Biased based on story selection that promotes right leaning nationalistic propaganda and Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing. (M. Huitsing 6/21/2019)
Last Updated on April 15, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am