According to their about page, Dutch Review is a Dutch magazine for ex-pats founded in 2013. It covers anything involving Dutchness, including culture, politics, history, opinions, lifestyle, and backgrounds. Its main focus is entertainment, but it does have content for political opinion pieces. They state their mission as ” to inform our audience about the most important stories coming out of the Netherlands. We like our opinions and editorials sharp and provoking, but we try to keep it neutral in general (except for Trump, that man is an ass)”
Funded by / Ownership
The Dutch Review lacks transparency as they do not clearly indicate who owns them. They do provide a masthead, but there is no mention of ownership. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Dutch Review uses left bias when reporting USA news such as https://dutchreview.com/news/international-news/trump-money-laundering-in-the-netherlands/ (this is unproven). It has a right-center bias in word choices when reporting Dutch-related political news. For example, 4 THINGS ABOUT *SHOCK* CRIMINAL MIGRANTS IN THE NETHERLANDS”.
Editorially, the Dutch Review holds a progressive left bias on issues such as feminism Being a feminist in the Netherlands: surprisingly, it’s a challenge. A review of op-eds also reveals a left-leaning bias with concern for the environment OPINION: why the Shell verdict was much more than just a court case win, and negative reporting on the right-wing in America and the Netherlands Wilders Deletes Twitter Party Snap Taken With US Right-Wing Politician. In general, Dutch Review reports news factually and with a strong left-center bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Dutch Review strongly Left-Center Biased based on story selections and op-eds that usually favor the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to infrequently publishing stories that are not proven. (M. Huitsing 8/3/2017) Updated (05/09/2022)
Last Updated on May 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/06/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 6, 2022 at 10:30 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/05/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 5, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Tenth Amendment Centerby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 5, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NBC New Yorkby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am