These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Disability Scoop a pro-science source based on minimal bias and support for the consensus of science on medical and health issues.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2008, Disability Scoop is the nation’s largest news organization covering developmental disabilities. According to their about page, they provide “daily coverage of autism, intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome and more; no other news source offers a more timely and comprehensive take on the issues that matter to the developmental disability community.”
Funded by / Ownership
Michelle Daiment and Shaun Heasley own disability Scoop through Disability Scoop LLC. Revenue is derived through advertising and subscription fees. The website lacks transparency as it does not clearly disclose ownership.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Disability Scoop publishes a mix of original and republished content related to autism, cerebral palsy, and other disabilities geared toward educators, professionals, and families. Articles and headlines do not contain emotionally loaded language Biobank Poised To Transform Down Syndrome Research. The owners write most articles on the website.
A review of articles demonstrates that they generally take a pro-science view. They support the consensus on issues such as vaccines, Facebook Cracking Down On Posts Linking Autism, Vaccines.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years.
Overall, we rate Disability Scoop a pro-science source based on minimal bias and support for the consensus of science on medical and health issues. (D. Van Zandt 2/27/2021)
Last Updated on February 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am