A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Deplorable Kel Questionable based on extreme right story selection, promotion of propaganda, poor sourcing and a compete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 2017, Deplorable Kel is a news and opinion blog/website with a conservative bias in reporting. According to their about page “Deplorable Kel is an independent journalist from California who covers news that the mainstream media refuses to report on. Kel covers anti-American candidates running in the U.S. elections, terrorism, crimes committed by illegal aliens and the indoctrination of children through schools and media.” Although the website features an about page there is not disclosure of ownership or a name attributed to the independent journalist. Therefore, this source lacks transparency.
Read our profile on USA government influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
Deplorable Kel does not disclose ownership or funding. A review of the website indicates revenue is generated through advertising, donations and a shop that sells pro-conservative and Trump merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Deplorable Kel publishes news and opinions that are geared to a conservative and pro-Trump audience. Headlines contain loaded emotional wording such as this: Video: Kamala Harris brags about jailing parents over truancy. This video links to a short Youtube video without any text at all. In other stories, they simply link directly to another source such as RightWing.com. In general, Deplorable Kel either links offsite or provides a brief right biased summary of news stories with all stories favoring the right and denigrating the left, while linking to low quality sources.
Overall, we rate Deplorable Kel Questionable based on extreme right story selection, promotion of propaganda, poor sourcing and a compete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 10/3/2019)
Last Updated on March 24, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am