These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Canadaland Left-Center biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
According to their about page, “CANADALAND is a news site and podcast network funded by its audience. Our primary focus is on media criticism and media reporting. Further, CANADALAND is a member of the National News Media Council, an “independent organization established to deal with acceptable journalistic practices and ethical behavior.”
Funded by / Ownership
CANADALAND Inc. is registered as a limited liability corporation with the Province of Ontario. Subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Canadaland reports news on their website with moderately loaded language such as The King Of Canadian Conservative Shitposting. Canadaland works to expose false information and misreporting by the media. Although they cover both sides of politics, they tend to favor the left through story selection. All information is well-sourced, and a factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Canadaland Left-Center biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D.Van Zandt 3/24/2018) Updated (05/13/2022)
Last Updated on May 13, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. Senate Gives Final Congressional Approval To $40 Billion Aid Package For Ukraineby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm
- Finland and Sweden Apply for NATO Membershipby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:59 pm
- New Twitter policy aims to pierce fog of war misinformationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:43 pm
- Biden To Meet Swedish, Finnish Leaders On NATO Membershipby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm
- Texas asks Supreme Court to keep state social media censorship law in effectby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm