Reasoning: Propaganda, White Nationalism, Poor Sources
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
South Africa Today (SAT) News is an English news and information distributor. The main aim of South Africa Today is the exposure of South African news. South Africa Today also covers African regional news. According to their vague about page, “We are devoted to spreading the news on a global scale.”
Funded by / Ownership
South Africa Today is owned and operated by Media Link Services LTD. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, South Africa Today News uses loaded words in their headlines and articles that favor the BNP (far-right and fascist political party in the United Kingdom) politician Jack Sen who is known for anti-Semitic slurs. South Africa Today also promotes the Front National Party of South Africa, a far-right, white nationalist, secessionist party. South Africa Today republishes articles from credible sources such as The Conversation, but under the world news category, they also republish factually questionable sources like Sputnik. They also publish articles without any sourcing at all. Further, many articles on the website seem to be very pro-Russian with a fascination for Vladimir Putin.
Failed Fact Checks
- There is no record of this source being fact-checked.
Overall, we rate South Africa Today Questionable due to the publication of White Nationalist propaganda and the use of poor sources. (M. Huitsing 10/9/2017) Updated (10/27/2021)
Last Updated on October 27, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm