These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Court TV Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1991, Court TV is an over-air broadcast TV Network based in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. CourtTV.com is the associated website for the TV station that publishes news on court cases and provides live coverage of high-profile cases.
Funded by / Ownership
Court TV is owned by The E. W. Scripps Company, an American broadcasting company founded in 1878 by Edward Willis “E. W.” Scripps. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Court TV covers court cases, police reports, and crime through outside sources such as the Associated Press and local news networks. They also provide broadcast coverage of high-profile court cases such as Johnny Depp vs. Amanda Herd and have an archive on court cases for streaming. Articles are fact-based with somewhat sensational headlines, such as this 4/28/22 BEAUTY QUEEN MURDER CASE: TRIAL AGAINST RYAN DUKE BEGINS MAY 2.
Editorially, they do not offer op-eds; however, when covering political cases, they remain neutral such as this A MORE CONSERVATIVE COURT HEARS SAME-SEX FOSTER PARENT CASE. In general, they are fact-based with low bias in reporting.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Court TV Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 04/29/2022)
Last Updated on April 30, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am