These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate Cochrane Pro-Science based on peer-reviewed science and low-biased commentary. We also rate them Very High in factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a perfect fact check record.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Country: United Kingdom
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1993, Cochrane is a non-profit, non-governmental organization formed to organize medical research findings to facilitate evidence-based choices about health interventions faced by health professionals, patients, and policymakers. Cochrane includes 53 review groups that are based at research institutions worldwide. Cochrane has approximately 30,000 volunteer experts from around the world. The group conducts systematic reviews of healthcare interventions and diagnostic tests and publishes them in the Cochrane Library.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
The Cochrane Library is a great pro-science resource partnered with the World Health Organization, among other prominent medical organizations. They produce low-biased, pro-science content such as this The effects of antibiotics on toothache caused by inflammation or infection at the root of the tooth in adults. Generally, they are a well-sourced, credible pro-science source by our metrics.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Cochrane Pro-Science based on peer-reviewed science and low-biased commentary. We also rate them Very High in factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a perfect fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 3/14/2018) Updated (01/07/2022)
Last Updated on January 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm