These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy.
- Overall, we rate Chicks on the Right, Right Biased based on story selection and editorial content that always favor conservative causes. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sources and two failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Radio Station/Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2009 by conservative radio hosts Amy Jo Clark and Miriam Weaver, Chicksontheright.com is a news and opinion website featuring their commentary and others. According to their about page, “We’re chicks who developed an interest in politics around the time of the 2008 presidential campaign, which is pretty much when we realized that this country is being taken in a completely wack direction by liberal Democrats. And so we’ve decided to talk about it in an open forum.”
Funded by / Ownership
Chicks on the Right is held by COTR, LLC, owned by Amy Jo Clark and Miriam Weaver. Revenue is derived through advertising and a web store that sells conservative branded merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Chicks on the Right publishes news and commentary from a conservative perspective. They do not produce original news reporting but publish existing news stories with added conservative commentary. Articles and headlines often contain moderately loaded emotional language that favors the Right such as this Biden Is ALL OVER THE PLACE On Taking A Cognitive Test. This story is sourced to the factually Mixed Daily Wire and Questionable Breitbart.
Editorially, Chicks on the Right do not hide the fact that they are conservative, and opinions always reflect that. For example, they are fans of former President Trump, such as this Trump Bombshell, Biden Mental State, And KEEP THE SCHOOLS OPEN. While they are certainly right-biased, they do not overtly publish false news but utilize poor sources and have failed a fact check.
Failed Fact Checks
- Vigilante Protesters Digging Up Confederate Graves after Charlottesville Clashes? – Mostly False
- Did Kamala Harris say she believed Joe Biden’s “rape accusers”? – False
Overall, we rate Chicks on the Right, Right Biased based on story selection and editorial content that always favor conservative causes. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sources and two failed fact checks. (9/12/2016), Updated (D. Van Zandt 06/10/2022)
Last Updated on June 10, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am