These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Burnett County Sentinel Least Biased based on balanced story selection and Mostly Factual, rather than High, due to a failed fact check.
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1875, the Burnett County Sentinel is a local daily paper serving Burnett County, Wisconsin. The paper features local news, Crime & Safety and an Opinion section.
Funded by / Ownership
The paper is owned by Eugene Johnson and funded through advertising and donations.
Analysis / Bias
In review, local news reporting is done through local writers. There is little use of loaded language and information is generally sourced through quotations. Editorially, there is a reasonable balance of view points.
A factual search reveals they have failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Burnett County Sentinel Least Biased based on balanced story selection and Mostly Factual, rather than High, due to a failed fact check. (D. Van Zandt 6/3/2018) Updated (10/16/2019)
Last Updated on February 26, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am