These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate American Scientist pro-science based on proper sourcing from credible medical journals and research.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Magazine
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
American Scientist (informally abbreviated AmSci) is an American bimonthly science and technology magazine published since 1913 by Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society. Each issue includes four to five feature articles written by prominent scientists and engineers who review research in fields from molecular biology to computer engineering.
Funded by / Ownership
American Scientist is published by Sigma Xi: The Scientific Research Honor Society, a non-profit membership society, 501(c)3, founded in 1886. Donations, memberships, and subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, American Scientist covers science news with many colorful photos. Articles and headlines are presented with low bias and generally source scientific journals and research such as The Rise of Parkinson’s Disease. A review of numerous articles reveals a pro-science source.
Overall, we rate American Scientist pro-science based on proper sourcing from credible medical journals and research. (D. Van Zandt 4/15/2017) Updated (02/14/2022)
Last Updated on February 14, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am