These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Amarillo Globe-News Least biased based on low-biased straight news reporting and a balanced editorial page. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1909, The Amarillo Globe-News is a daily broadsheet newspaper in Amarillo, Texas. The current publisher is Robert Granfeldt.
Funded by / Ownership
The Amarillo Globe-News is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), publishing USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. The newspaper is funded through advertising and paid subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, local news is covered through journalists with neutral wording such as this: Texas Tech system officials promote legislative agenda in Austin. National and World are derived from the Associated Press. All information is appropriately sourced. The Globe-News has a history of mainly endorsing Republican candidates; however, their op-ed page is mostly balanced in presenting both views.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Amarillo Globe-News Least biased based on low-biased straight news reporting and a balanced editorial page. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 3/6/2019) Updated (02/06/2022)
Last Updated on February 6, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am