These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Al-Sura Left-Center biased due to story selection that slightly favors left-leaning positions and factually Mixed based on a complete lack of sourcing.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Based in New York City, Al-Sura is an English-language news website that focuses on Iraq and the Middle East. The site describes itself on its about page as a “news platform for journalists, social media activists focusing on political analysis and news about Iraq and the Middle East.” However, no ownership or management information is given on the site’s about page, and the media contact page leads back to the home page.
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not disclose ownership, but according to its about page, “Al-Sura does not receive funding from any source and depends solely on the efforts and donations of its contributors.” However, a website review shows that there are approximately 5 online ads per page.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Al-Sura tends to publish stories utilizing moderately emotionally loaded wording such as “IS IDLIB NEXT?” and “THE BLOODY SHIFT TO HOSTAGES & EXTORTION TACTICS BY ISIS.” Editorially, Al-Sura demonstrates a negative opinion of President Trump and being critical of the Saudi Government. Al-Sura also reports with a pro-environment stance.
When it comes to sourcing, Al-Sura simply does not source at all. There was no hyperlinking, quotations, or citations on the articles reviewed.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Al-Sura Left-Center biased due to story selection that slightly favors left-leaning positions and factually Mixed based on a complete lack of sourcing. (M. Huitsing 8/8/2018) Updated (12/26/2021)
Last Updated on January 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am