These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate ANSA Least Biased based on neutral wording in news articles and balanced story selection. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MODERATE FREEDOM
Media Type: News Agency
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1945, Agenzia Nazionale Stampa Associata or ANSA (Associated Press National Agency) is an Italian News Agency based in Rome, Italy. After World War II, Italian sports journalist and director Edgardo Longoni founded ANSA; he was also the first general manager and remained in office until 1947. ANSA covers national and international events through its bureaus all over the world.
Giulio Enrico Anselmi is the President since 2009, Stefano De Alessandri is the CEO and Luigi Contu is the Editor-in-Chief. For the complete list of management, please see here.
Funded by / Ownership
ANSA is a not-for-profit cooperative whose shareholders are 26 publishers of 43 major Italian newspapers.
Analysis / Bias
Giuseppe Conte is the current Prime Minister of Italy since 2018 (he was chosen by a far-right coalition of the 5-Star Movement (M5S) and League to lead Italy’s government). Despite the right lean of government, ANSA reports national news with neutral headlines such as “EC letter almost ready says Conte,” however, on some issues, there is a left-leaning tone such as “Italian population growth due to immigrants.” When reporting USA news, ANSA also uses a neutral tone in their articles, such as “Trump says he’s sending 1,000 more US troops to ally Poland.” In general, they report the news with minimal bias, and they typically do not utilize sourcing because they are the source of the reporting as a recognized news agency.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate ANSA Least Biased based on neutral wording in news articles and balanced story selection. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 6/19/2019) Updated (05/08/2022)
Last Updated on May 8, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am