Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Robert F. Kennedy Jr.: Atrazine in the water supply is contributing to “sexual dysphoria” in kids.
Politifact rating: False (No scientific studies in humans have linked atrazine exposure to gender dysphoria. It has been linked, in some studies, to birth defects and other reproductive health problems.)
|Claim via social media: Hunter Biden is pleading guilty to the same gun charge as Lil Wayne and Kodak Black, but the two rappers faced prison sentences while the president’s son does not.
AP News rating: False (Biden has reached a plea deal that would allow him to avert the gun charge. He was also charged with illegal possession of a firearm by a drug addict while Lil Wayne was charged with illegal possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and Kodak Black was charged with making false statements to purchase multiple firearms.)
|TRUE||Claim: The 1973 sci-fi horror classic movie “Soylent Green,” which depicted people eating wafers made from human corpses, was set in 2022.
Snopes.com rating: True
|Claim via Social Media: Gold fringe on an American flag means “the Constitution is suspended.”
PolitiFact rating: False (Gold fringe added to the American flag is merely decorative. It does not signify that the U.S. Constitution has been suspended.)
|FALSE||Claim by Donald Trump (R): Former President Donald Trump claimed Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis “sort of mandated” the COVID-19 vaccine.
Check Your Fact rating: False (While DeSantis has expressed support for COVID-19 vaccines, he did not mandate them. DeSantis signed legislation that banned COVID-19 vaccine passports and vaccine mandates in 2021.)
|FALSE||(International: Russia): Claim by Vladimir Putin: “As of tonight … our guys have nailed 245 enemy tanks and about 678 armored vehicles of different types.”
POLYGRAPH.info rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on October 3, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Santa Monica Observerby Media Bias Fact Check on October 3, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Marion police chief resigns after the widely-condemned raid of the Marion County Record newspaper in Kansasby newsfactsnetwork on October 3, 2023 at 2:16 am
- McCarthy responds to Gaetz’s motion to vacate Speaker: ‘Bring it on’by newsfactsnetwork on October 3, 2023 at 12:17 am
- Donald Trump Wants Jamaal Bowman to ‘Suffer’ Like Jan. 6 Riotersby newsfactsnetwork on October 2, 2023 at 11:17 pm
- Clarence Thomas recuses himself as Supreme Court rejects ex-Trump lawyer John Eastman’s appealby newsfactsnetwork on October 2, 2023 at 3:06 pm
- Supreme Court declines to consider longshot bid to disqualify Trump from running for presidentby newsfactsnetwork on October 2, 2023 at 11:07 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on October 2, 2023 at 6:00 am