Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by the NC State Democratic Caucus: “North Carolina ranks last in the country in K-12 funding.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False (The Education Law Center ranked North Carolina last in the nation for “funding effort.” That is a measure of the state’s public pre-K to 12th grade funding as a percentage of the state’s gross domestic product. Other measures, including the National Education Association, the Urban Institute and EducationData.org have ranked North Carolina low on its per-pupil funding, but not dead last.)
|Claim by Viral Image: A photo shows people in Nazi uniforms outside of the courthouse where Trump was held
Check Your Fact rating: False (The photo is miscaptioned. The photo was taken on a movie set in Vancouver, British Columbia.)
|FALSE||Claim by @DC_Draino: Clip of Biden saying he’ll “stop Trump” taking power.
Newsweek rating: False (The clip shared from Twitter was taken from a White House press conference on November 9, 2022. Biden’s comments had followed on from a much longer conversation about January 6, when the Congressional committee for investigating those events was still yet to make recommended charges.)
|TRUE||Claim by Ron Desantis (R): Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg “has downgraded over 50% of the felonies to misdemeanors.”
Politifact rating: True (In 2022, the first year Bragg served as Manhattan district attorney, his staff downgraded 52% of felonies that were screened to misdemeanors, an increase from prior years.)
|Claim via Social Media: The world stopped having new COVID-19 variants after Dr. Anthony Fauci, former director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, retired at the end of 2022.
Lead Stories rating: False (Still Mutating)
|FALSE||(International: India): Arvind Kejriwal did not clear the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination, but got admitted through corporate quota.
boomlive.in rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- MBFC’s Weekly Media Literacy Quiz Covering the Week of Dec 3rd – Dec 9thby Media Bias Fact Check on December 9, 2023 at 7:30 am
- McCarthy says he will support Donald Trump in his 2024 election bidby newsfactsnetwork on December 9, 2023 at 7:17 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/09/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on December 9, 2023 at 6:00 am
- EU agrees to landmark rules on artificial intelligenceby newsfactsnetwork on December 9, 2023 at 5:16 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Double Down Newsby Media Bias Fact Check on December 9, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Trump Judge to Oversee Hunter Biden Tax Caseby newsfactsnetwork on December 9, 2023 at 3:16 am
- False Claim of $5,000 Gift Cards to Migrants Debunkedby newsfactsnetwork on December 8, 2023 at 5:16 pm
- US Economy Gains 199,000 Jobs in November, Unemployment Rate Dropsby newsfactsnetwork on December 8, 2023 at 9:32 am