Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Ron DeSantis (R): Protests of (Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence) at a Los Angeles Dodgers game led to a “virtually empty stadium for the game itself.”
Politifact rating: False (Some people shared images of the mostly empty stadium during the award ceremony and falsely conflated that with poor attendance during the game. There were about 49,000 tickets sold for the game, slightly higher than this year’s average home Dodgers crowd. The stadium’s total capacity is 56,000.)
|Claim via Social Media: The U.S. Supreme Court heard a case last week that was expected to annul the 2020 election.
AP News rating: False (Getting old.)
|Claim by Donald Trump (R): Photo shows President Joe Biden sitting with “Lisa Monaco, second in charge of the DOJ, probably working on future Plots and Schemes against Republicans.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly False (The image was taken by Obama White House photographer Pete Souza in 2013 when Biden was vice president and Monaco was a White House adviser.)
|Claim via Social Media: Starbucks cancels Pride Month.
Lead Stories rating: False (Supports Pride)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: A video captured at the NYC Drag March on June 23, 2023, shows some of the attendees chanting, “We’re here, we’re queer, we’re coming for your children.”
Snopes.com rating: True (This is an accurate description of what can be seen and heard in the video, although it also bears pointing out that fewer than a dozen of the many people seen in the video appear to be chanting at all. It was also stated that the chant was a harmless jab at anti-gay activists who falsely accuse those in the LGBTQ community of being pedophiles and child ‘groomers.”
|FALSE||(International: United Kingdom): Claim by Kim Johnson (Labour): The number of children living in poverty has risen from 2.6 million in 2010 to 4.2 million now.
Full Fact rating: False (These two figures are not comparable. The 2.6 million figure refers to the number of children in relative poverty before housing costs in 2009/10, while the 4.2 million figure refers to the number of children in relative poverty after housing costs in 2021/22. Government figures show the number of children in relative poverty both before and after housing costs increased by around 300,000 between 2009/10 and 2021/22.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- 63% of Americans think US needs a third political partyby newsfactsnetwork on October 4, 2023 at 2:57 pm
- AI drones successfully monitor crops to report the ideal time to harvestby newsfactsnetwork on October 4, 2023 at 11:18 am
- Kevin McCarthy ousted as House Speaker in historic voteby newsfactsnetwork on October 4, 2023 at 7:06 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/04/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on October 4, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Gaetz hits back at McCarthy claim that critics are ‘not conservatives’by newsfactsnetwork on October 4, 2023 at 4:16 am
- McCarthy criticizes Republican ousters as ‘not conservatives’by newsfactsnetwork on October 4, 2023 at 4:16 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Save Jerseyby Media Bias Fact Check on October 4, 2023 at 4:00 am
- US Aid to Ukraine Could Hinge on Who Becomes House Speakerby newsfactsnetwork on October 4, 2023 at 1:17 am