Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Kevin McCarthy (R): “Every study has shown” that when work requirements are tied to federal safety-net programs, “it puts more people to work.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly False (Some studies in the 90s showed this; however, more recent studies show much less evidence of employment gains. A majority of studies on work requirements for food stamps and Medicaid coverage show little or no gain in employment.)
|FALSE||Claim by Michael Knowles: Nassau County glitch turned every single registered voter Democrat.
USA Today rating: False (Voter rolls were unaffected, and no one’s actual voter registration changed to the wrong party.)
|Claim via Social Media: Ron DeSantis Is Selling A ‘Make America Florida’ Hat.
Lead Stories rating: False (Not Official)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): The constitution states that a property owner must be provided with their certificate of title in paper form.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (There is nothing in the constitution relating to requirements of hard copies of land documents.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- MBFC’s Weekly Media Literacy Quiz Covering the Week of Sep 17th – Sep 23rdby Media Bias Fact Check on September 23, 2023 at 7:30 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/23/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on September 23, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Defend Democracy Pressby Media Bias Fact Check on September 23, 2023 at 4:00 am
- House Dem: Bob Menendez should resign
- Biden to walk picket line with UAW
- Border apprehensions up nearly 27 percent from July to August
- Trump demands Republicans shut down government to ‘defund’ his criminal prosecutionsby newsfactsnetwork on September 22, 2023 at 1:16 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/22/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on September 22, 2023 at 6:00 am