Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Vivek Ramaswamy (R): Gov. Ron DeSantis signed “a last-minute exception into an anti-discrimination law for anyone who also operates a theme park more than 25 acres in Florida,” benefiting Walt Disney Co.
Politifact rating: Mostly True (DeSantis signed a bill in 2021 that sought to punish social media tech companies for removing statewide candidates in Florida from their platforms — a major legislative priority for him. After weeks of consideration, legislators in the hours before passage added a carve-out to the bill to protect Disney, which offers streaming services and has large Florida operations. )
Vivek Ramaswamy largely right on Ron DeSantis, Disney carve-out
|Claim via Social Media: Barack Obama in 2018 removed half a million Pedophiles from Government online databases
Lead Stories rating: False (This was done under the Trump administration. Furthermore, the list did not just contain pedophiles. There is no evidence to support the 500K number.)
Fact Check: Obama Did NOT Remove 500,000 ‘Pedophiles From Government Online Databases’
|Claim via Social Media: Purports Anheuser-Busch is planning to discontinue and re-brand its beer, Bud Light
Check Your Fact rating: False (The claim stems from a satirical website. There is no evidence supporting the claim.)
FACT CHECK: Is Anheuser-Busch Planning To Discontinue And Rebrand Bud Light?
|FALSE||(International: Turkey): Claim by Suleyman Soylu: “Yes, they want to stage a political coup on May 14. I’m not the one saying this. The President of the United States, Biden, said it years ago.”
POLYGRAPH.info rating: False
Erdogan Ally Falsely Accuses Biden of Planning Election Coup in Turkey
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Louisiana ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill for public school classrooms advances in the legislatureby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 7:31 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/02/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Houndsby Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Teen birthrates hit another record low as progress starts to slowby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 3:26 am
- Taiwan, U.S. to sign first deal under new trade frameworkby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 1:58 pm
- Debt ceiling bill passes in the House, advances to the Senate days ahead of default deadlineby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 7:24 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/01/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 1, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Inside Outby Media Bias Fact Check on June 1, 2023 at 4:00 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/06/2023 (Weekend Edition)"