Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim via Social Media: “U.S. military is now testing soldiers for AIDS, after DOD database reports 500% increase in HIV since the COVID vaccine rollout.”
PolitiFact rating: False (There is no association between COVID-19 vaccines and a person’s risk for HIV infection, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.)
No, COVID-19 vaccines didn’t cause 500% increase in HIV infections within US military
|Claim by Naomi Wolf: A Pfizer document shows that the pharmaceutical company’s COVID-19 vaccine causes “devastating harm to the musculoskeletal system.”
Lead Stories rating: False (No Proven Link)
Fact Check: Pfizer Document Does NOT Show COVID-19 Vaccine Causes ‘Devastating Harm To The Musculoskeletal System’
|Claim via Social Media: Video shows people collapsing because of COVID-19 vaccines.
PolitiFact rating: False (None of these incidents in which people on air experienced medical emergencies were linked to the COVID-19 vaccine. Two of the incidents predate the pandemic.)
These on-air medical emergencies were not caused by COVID-19 vaccines, as video suggests
|FALSE||Claim by Karine Jean-Pierre (D): President Joe Biden has visited the U.S.-Southern Border more than once
Check Your Fact rating: False (Biden visited the border for the first time since becoming president in January 2023.)
FACT CHECK: Has Joe Biden Visited The Border More Than Once?
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: Is the murder of a Milwaukee US Postal Service worker part of a larger trend of increased armed robberies against postal workers nationwide?
Gigafact rating: Yes (Robberies of postal carriers totaled 496 in 2022, quadrupling over a decade, the Associated Press reported on May 8, 2023.)
Fact Brief : Is the murder of a Milwaukee US Postal Service worker part of a larger trend of increased armed robberies against postal workers nationwide?
|FALSE||(International: Australia): Claim by Labor MP Michelle Ananda-Rajah: Women aged over 55 are the largest group experiencing homelessness.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (Men aged 25-34 are the largest group experiencing homelessness.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Senate averts default, sends debt bill to Biden’s deskby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 7:38 am
- Louisiana ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill for public school classrooms advances in the legislatureby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 7:31 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/02/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Houndsby Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Teen birthrates hit another record low as progress starts to slowby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 3:26 am
- Taiwan, U.S. to sign first deal under new trade frameworkby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 1:58 pm
- Debt ceiling bill passes in the House, advances to the Senate days ahead of default deadlineby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 7:24 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/01/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 1, 2023 at 6:00 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/23/2023"