Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim via Social Media: “U.S. military is now testing soldiers for AIDS, after DOD database reports 500% increase in HIV since the COVID vaccine rollout.”
PolitiFact rating: False (There is no association between COVID-19 vaccines and a person’s risk for HIV infection, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.)
|Claim by Naomi Wolf: A Pfizer document shows that the pharmaceutical company’s COVID-19 vaccine causes “devastating harm to the musculoskeletal system.”
Lead Stories rating: False (No Proven Link)
|Claim via Social Media: Video shows people collapsing because of COVID-19 vaccines.
PolitiFact rating: False (None of these incidents in which people on air experienced medical emergencies were linked to the COVID-19 vaccine. Two of the incidents predate the pandemic.)
|FALSE||Claim by Karine Jean-Pierre (D): President Joe Biden has visited the U.S.-Southern Border more than once
Check Your Fact rating: False (Biden visited the border for the first time since becoming president in January 2023.)
|TRUE||Claim via Social Media: Is the murder of a Milwaukee US Postal Service worker part of a larger trend of increased armed robberies against postal workers nationwide?
Gigafact rating: Yes (Robberies of postal carriers totaled 496 in 2022, quadrupling over a decade, the Associated Press reported on May 8, 2023.)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): Claim by Labor MP Michelle Ananda-Rajah: Women aged over 55 are the largest group experiencing homelessness.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (Men aged 25-34 are the largest group experiencing homelessness.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Study Reveals Fossil Fuels Cause Over 5 Million Deaths Annuallyby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 2:36 pm
- Mother and Son Sentenced to House Arrest for Role in Capitol Riotby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 1:27 pm
- Estonia Considers Closing Border with Russia Amid Migrant Surgeby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 11:03 am
- Defying Pope’s calls for climate action, US Catholic bishops cling to fossil fuelsby newsfactsnetwork on November 30, 2023 at 7:19 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/30/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bangkok Postby Media Bias Fact Check on November 30, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Elon Musk Clarifies Israel Visit Purpose, Addresses Controversial Post and Advertiser Backlashby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 9:17 pm
- Students Walk Out at Florida High School Over Staff Reassignment Due to Transgender Athlete Policyby newsfactsnetwork on November 29, 2023 at 1:29 pm