Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “One of the greatest mysteries of COVID-19: Where did the flu go in 2020 and 2021?”
FactCheck.org rating: False (It is not a mystery; it was reduced by pandemic measures – masks, social distancing, handwashing, etc. Further, it is estimated 5000 people died from the flu during the 2020 – 2021 period.)
|Claim by Viral Images: Photos show Biden and Harris celebrating Trump’s indictment.
Check Your Fact rating: False (Fake)
|Claim via Social Media: “Congress, White House, IRS, Feds, Federal Reserve are shut down.”
PolitiFact rating: Pants on Fire (Made up claims for unknown reasons.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: School shootings are linked to violent video games.
USA Today rating: False (There is no evidence of a causal link between school shootings and video games, according to an array of studies, meta-analyses and psychology and sociology experts.)
|Claim by Joe Biden (D): “Fewer people get hurt playing rugby” than American football.
PolitiFact rating: Mostly False (Much of the relevant academic research suggests that rugby results in higher rates of overall injuries and concussions than American football does — often two to three times higher.)
|FALSE||(International: New Zealand): Jacinda Ardern is advertising her services as a speaker with a US-based talent website.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (The website listing is a fake.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Trump Leads Biden in Michigan and Georgia, MBFC Updates Michigan to Lean Trumpby newsfactsnetwork on December 11, 2023 at 1:10 pm
- Giuliani Faces Damages Trial for Defaming Georgia Election Workersby newsfactsnetwork on December 11, 2023 at 12:31 pm
- Alexei Navalny’s Whereabouts Unknown After Removal from Russian Penal Colonyby newsfactsnetwork on December 11, 2023 at 11:37 am
- U.N. Climate Draft Excludes Direct Fossil Fuel Phase-Out, Focuses on Emission Reductionsby newsfactsnetwork on December 11, 2023 at 11:09 am
- Trump Dominates Iowa Poll, Fueled by Evangelicals and First-Time Caucusgoersby newsfactsnetwork on December 11, 2023 at 8:37 am
- Biden to Host Zelensky Amid Stalled Ukraine Aid Talks in Congressby newsfactsnetwork on December 11, 2023 at 7:36 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/11/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on December 11, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KTLAby Media Bias Fact Check on December 11, 2023 at 4:00 am