Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by the Florida Standard: “AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 Vaccine Tripled Deaths in Young Women”
Health Feedback rating: Unsupported (The study found that testing positive for SARS-CoV-2 was associated with increased all-cause and heart-related mortality in young people. The risk was higher in unvaccinated people than in people who received the vaccine, suggesting that COVID-19 vaccines prevented COVID-19-related deaths.)
An ONS study didn’t show that the COVID-19 vaccine caused a higher risk of heart-related deaths in women, contrary to viral claim
|Claim via Social Media: Video shows John F. Kennedy Jr. in a “real presidential convoy.”
PolitiFact rating: Pants on Fire (Qanon Crackpottery as JFK Jr. has been dead since 1999.)
This isn’t a video of Donald Trump and JFK Jr. in a presidential convoy
|Claim via Social Media: White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said that the United States is “deeply concerned” about China and Brazil switching to national currencies when conducting business with each other.
Lead Stories rating: False (She Never Said That)
Fact Check: WH Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre Did NOT Say US ‘Deeply Concerned’ About Brazil And China Switching To ‘National Currencies’ To Do Business With Each Other
|Claim by CGTN: “U.S. biolabs in Ukraine” could be involved in “possible biological warfare”
Health Feedback rating: Unsupported (Despite this claim being promoted repeatedly by Russia and China, neither party has provided reliable evidence for the claim that there are U.S. bioweapons laboratories in Ukraine.)
CGTN video rehashes baseless claim about U.S. biolabs in Ukraine
|MISLEADING||Claim by GOP Staff of House Judiciary Committee: “Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg’s pro-crime, anti-victim policies have led to an increase in violent crime and a dangerous community for New York City residents.”
FactCheck.org rating: Misleading (It is unlikely Bragg had or could have an impact on crime trends, and crime data for Manhattan don’t match the GOP narrative.)
|FALSE||(International: Germany): In mid-April, 2023, Twitter, under Elon Musk’s leadership, was fined $30 billion for allegedly violating hate speech laws in Germany.
Snopes rating: False
Was Twitter Fined $30B for Violating Hate Speech Laws in Germany?
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Senate averts default, sends debt bill to Biden’s deskby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 7:38 am
- Louisiana ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill for public school classrooms advances in the legislatureby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 7:31 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/02/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Houndsby Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Teen birthrates hit another record low as progress starts to slowby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 3:26 am
- Taiwan, U.S. to sign first deal under new trade frameworkby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 1:58 pm
- Debt ceiling bill passes in the House, advances to the Senate days ahead of default deadlineby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 7:24 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/01/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 1, 2023 at 6:00 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 04/17/2023"