Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Donald Trump (R): The official count of drug overdose deaths is a “lie,” and the figure is “probably a half a million people” a year.
FactCheck.org rating: False (No Evidence)
|Claim by Viral post: Elon Musk filed $60 Million suit against The View.
Check Your Fact rating: False (The claim stems from a satirical site. There is no evidence Musk is suing the show or network.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Solar companies “have to give solar panels away for completely no net cost.”
Politifact rating: False (The federal government does not require solar companies to give away solar panels.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Jacob Chansley, the Capitol rioter better known as the “QAnon Shaman,” was released early from federal prison to a halfway house in March 2023 “following video evidence showing that January 6 was a hoax” and an “inside job”?
Lead Stories rating: False (Chansley was transferred from a federal correctional institution to community confinement on March 28, 2023, under the First Step Act, which provides time credits for inmates who take part in programs to help reduce recidivism. Chansley’s attorney said the changes in his client’s status had nothing to do with recently released videos that aired on the Fox News Channel.)
|Claim via Social media: A document proves graphene oxide is in Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine.
USA Today rating: False (The document in question describes a validation process in the lab that uses graphene oxide, but that process is not part of the manufacturing process. Graphene oxide is not present in the vaccines.)
|FALSE||(International: India): The editor of New York Times, Joseph Hope, praised Narendra Modi’s leadership and foreign policy in a recent article.
boomlive.in rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Koch Network Backs Nikki Haley in GOP Primary, Boosting Her Against Trumpby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 10:31 am
- Hunter Biden Agrees to Public Testimony in House Oversight Committee Inquiryby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 10:25 am
- Sandy Hook Families Propose $85 Million Settlement to Alex Jonesby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 7:39 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/28/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 28, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Immigration officials reduce legal entries in Texas, Arizona to address illegal crossingsby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 5:16 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: America Out Loudby Media Bias Fact Check on November 28, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Fox News Reporter Criticized for Questioning Biden’s Age in Re-election Bidby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 9:22 pm
- International Accord on AI Safety: Guidelines for Secure and Responsible AI Developmentby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 5:16 pm