Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Joe Biden (D): The “average tax” for billionaires is “about 3%,” which is “a lower tax than a schoolteacher or a firefighter.”
Politifact rating: False (The 3% figure refers to calculations made under a theoretical proposal. Under today’s laws, the 25 highest-earning billionaires paid an average tax rate of 16%. Meanwhile, among households earning from $50,000 to $100,000 a year — the category that many teachers and firefighters would fall into — the vast majority paid effective tax rates of between 0% and 15%.
|Claim by Viral Video: Senator Kennedy used information from Hunter Biden’s laptop that related to AOC.
Check Your Fact rating: False (The video’s caption is inaccurate. The clips shown in the post do not feature any such revelation.)
FACT CHECK: Did Sen. Kennedy Reveal Evidence That Connects AOC To Hunter Biden?
|FALSE||Claim via Social media: Biden asked China for permission to shoot down spy balloon.
USA Today rating: False (There is no evidence Biden asked Chinese President Xi Jinping for permission to shoot down the balloon.)
Fact check: False claim Biden asked Chinese president for permission to down spy balloon
|FALSE||Claim by Dr. Ryan Cole: “Unusual cancers” are “exploding right into stage 4″ and those cancer cells have “the spike protein.”
PolitiFact rating: False (A doctor who frequently makes false claims related to Covid-19 and vaccines. This has been debunked numerous times.)
Oft-repeated claim again debunked: Experts say still no evidence that COVID-19 vaccines cause cancer
|Claim via Social Media: Atlanta Banned The Word ‘Women’ Across All Public Platforms.
Lead Stories rating: False (No Ban)
Fact Check: NO Evidence Atlanta Banned The Word ‘Women’ Across All Public Platforms
|FALSE||(International: Indonesia): Former Jakarta governor Anies Baswedan named a corruption suspect in early 2023.
AFP Fact Check rating: False
False posts target Indonesian politician Anies Baswedan with ‘corruption suspect’ claim in early 2023
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- A string of assassinations in Afghanistan point to ISIS-K resurgence – and US officials warn of possible attacks on American interests in next 6 monthsby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 11:21 am
- Chinese COVID data from animal market gives clues on origins of virus, scientists sayby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 11:12 am
- Montana senator wants to block mandatory diversity trainingby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 7:38 am
- US says China and Russia blocking UN action on North Koreaby newsfactsnetwork on March 21, 2023 at 7:34 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 03/21/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on March 21, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Citizen (Australia)by Media Bias Fact Check on March 21, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Judge blocks California law requiring safety features for handgunsby newsfactsnetwork on March 20, 2023 at 7:45 pm
- Mike Pence says potential Trump arrest would be a ‘politically charged prosecution’by newsfactsnetwork on March 20, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 02/21/2023"