Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Scott Adams (Dilbert): People not vaccinated against COVID-19 “came out the best.”
Politifact rating: False (Data has consistently shown that unvaccinated people are at greater risk than vaccinated people of getting infected by COVID-19 and dying from it. COVID-19 vaccines have a strong safety record and infection alone provides only limited protection.)
|Claim via Social media: Chemtrails, HAARP used to create droughts, floods, blizzards and hurricanes.
USA Today rating: False (Typical crackpottery)
|Claim by Project Veritas: Does Project Veritas video show Pfizer is mutating COVID?
Newsweek rating: Unverified (In the Project Veritas video, the interviewee, who is quoted as a Pfizer employee, says there are ongoing discussions about engineering “mutations” of COVID so that preemptive vaccines, for variants that may occur in nature, could be developed. However, the discussions are spoken about in theoretical terms. Until Project Veritas releases proof or a full transcript, there is no evidence to support the claim.)
|FALSE||Claim by Steve Milloy (Heartland Institute): “NOAA makes it official. Last 8 years… global cooling.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (NOAA says the opposite: “The planet continued its warming trend in 2022,” the agency’s press release said, “with last year ranking as the sixth-warmest year on record since 1880.”)
|Claim by newspunch.com: Scientists warn that eggs are causing thousands of people to “suddenly” form blood clots.
Lead Stories rating: False (Made up story)
|FALSE||(International: Malaysia): Malaysia mandating second Covid booster ahead of Chinese tourist influx.
AFP Fact Check rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Investigation into Potential Insider Trading Ahead of Hamas Attack on Israelby newsfactsnetwork on December 5, 2023 at 11:03 am
- Liz Cheney Mulls Third-Party Presidential Bid Amid Concerns Over Trump’s Influenceby newsfactsnetwork on December 5, 2023 at 8:28 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 12/05/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on December 5, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Political Flareby Media Bias Fact Check on December 5, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Woman Arrested for Abortion Sees Charges Dismissedby newsfactsnetwork on December 5, 2023 at 1:17 am
- Sanders Criticizes “Extremist Netanyahu Government” in Senate Speechby newsfactsnetwork on December 4, 2023 at 8:16 pm
- Texas Attorney General Sues Pfizer Over COVID-19 Vaccine Claimsby newsfactsnetwork on December 4, 2023 at 7:16 pm
- Liz Cheney Warns Against GOP’s Constitutional Departure, Targets House Speaker Mike Johnsonby newsfactsnetwork on December 4, 2023 at 12:30 pm