Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page ad-free
See all MBFC content Ad-Free
|TRUE||Claim by Francesca Hong (D): “In the Wisconsin State Assembly this session, more than 75% of GOP bills received a public hearing. Meanwhile, the GOP allowed less than 2% of Democratic bills to have a hearing.”
Politifact rating: True (Since becoming the minority party in the Assembly in 2011, the percentage of Democratic-authored bills that received a public hearing declined from 15.6% to 1.9% in the 2021-22 legislative session. More than 70% of GOP bills have received hearings since taking over in the 2011-12 session.)
|Claim by newspunch.com: Michelle Obama registered To Vote As A Man according To Illinois State Board of Elections.
Lead Stories rating: False (Fake)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: President Joe Biden announced he has cancer during a speech on climate change,
FactCheck.org rating: False (Biden was referring to a skin cancer that was removed before he became president.)
|Claim by vancouvertimes.org: WHO director arrested for crimes against humanity.
Lead Stories rating: False (unlabeled satire shared as real.)
|Claim via Social Media: Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was “pretending to be arrested” by Capitol Police at an abortion-rights protest.
FactCheck.org rating: False (It was real.)
|FALSE||(International: Kenya): “5.5 million of Kenyans are unemployed.”
Africa Check rating: Incorrect (number of unemployed at between 1.3 million and 2.5 million)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Council on American-Islamic Relation (CAIR)by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 15, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/14/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 14, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Issues in Science and Technologyby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 14, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/13/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 13, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WSAZ News Channelby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 13, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/12/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 12, 2022 at 10:30 am