Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page ad-free
See all MBFC content Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Nonprofit Operation Ukraine’s shipments of baby formula to Ukraine is responsible for shortage in the U.S.
FactCheck.org rating: False ( The shortage has been due to supply chain problems, a product recall and the temporary closure of a manufacturing plant.)
|Claim by Newsmax: Abortion increases the risk of breast cancer, mental illness, and preterm labor.
Health Feedback Rating: Unsupported (The claims that abortion increases the risk of breast cancer and mental illness aren’t substantiated by reliable scientific studies, which observed no difference between women who had an induced abortion and women who didn’t.)
|FALSE||Claim by Social media posts: Bill Gates “has been investing heavily in synthetic soy breast milk” and is behind the baby formula shortage.
FactCheck.org rating: False (No Evidence)
|Claim via Social Media: There is a Plan B pill Inside Pregnancy Tests.
Lead Stories rating: False (Do Not Swallow, it is a desiccant to keep it dry.)
|Claim by Brian Kemp (R): “David Perdue voted with liberals” for $10 trillion “in new debt, his out-of-control federal spending is driving inflation through the roof.”
PolitiFact rating: Mostly False (Debt rose about $10 trillion during Perdue’s time as a U.S. senator, but it didn’t accumulate only from votes by “liberals” to increase spending; much of the increase came from bipartisan votes and automatic spending by programs such as Medicaid and Medicare.)
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): Three government officials enjoy priority landing and takeoff in the country’s airports.
VERA Files rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Healing Oracleby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am