Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page ad-free
See all MBFC content Ad-Free
|Claim by Tony Kurtz (R): If Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers “had passed his (gas) tax increases … fuel prices would be at least a dime higher.
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True (It would have increased the gas tax by 8-cents per gallon and tied future increases to inflation. It would be 11.1 cents higher today, due to inflation.)
|Claim by Viral Rumor: Purportedly shows a news article claiming that Disney’s CEO admitted “going woke” was a “huge mistake.”
Check Your Fact rating: False (Satire)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “Leftist justice reform” is the reason that the NYC subway shooting suspect wasn’t in jail at the time of the attack.
PolitiFact rating: False (His prior arrests came decades ago. The arrests that occurred in New York, for example, were in the 1990s, most occurring when Republican Rudy Giuliani was mayor of the city and well before current justice reform efforts by prosecutors.)
|Claim via Social Media: Putin Did End The Rothschild’s Control Over Russia By Nationalizing The Russian Central Bank
Lead Stories rating: False (antisemitic conspiracy theory)
|FALSE||Claim by Mehmet Oz (R): Dave McCormick is “liberal, pro-Biden, pro-China.”
PolitiFact rating: False (McCormick has campaigned attacking China, Joe Biden, and holds conservative positions.)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): No empire in history has existed for more than 250 years.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (Many have lasted much longer than 250 years, including the Roman, Egyptian and Ottoman empires.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/05/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 5, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The National Heraldby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 5, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/04/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 4, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Citizen Truthby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: American People Dailyby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 8:00 am