Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|TRUE||Claim by Jen Psaki (D): “You are 17 times more likely to go to the hospital if you’re not vaccinated, 20 times more likely to die.”
PolitiFact rating: True (CDC data from November indicated that unvaccinated people were about 17 times more likely to be hospitalized due to COVID-19 than those who are vaccinated. Data not yet in for Omicron)
|Claim via Social Media: Wisconsin had an active voter turnout of 93.7%.
Lead Stories rating: False (Blatant Lie. It was 72.6%)
|Claim by Donald Trump (R): Democrats “are trying to ban voter ID.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False (The Senate Democrats’ Freedom to Vote Act includes a list of more than one dozen forms of ID that should be accepted in states that require an ID to vote. It also includes a workaround for voters who lack ID.)
|FALSE||Claim by Joe Biden (D): Biden claimed that former President Donald Trump voted by mail in the 2020 election.
The Dispatch rating: False (Trump voted in-person early)
|FALSE||Claim by Roger Marshall (R): Asked of Dr. Anthony Fauci, “Would you be willing to submit to Congress and the public a financial disclosure [form] that includes your past and current investments?”
FactCheck.org rating: False (Marshall is either ignorant or lying when asking for the financial disclosure as Fauci Files Annual Reports just like he does.)
|TRUE||(International: Niger): Niger has the highest fertility rate in Nigeria’s north-central zone.
Africa Check rating: Correct
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/07/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 7, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Cosmos Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 7, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/06/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 6, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Indexmundiby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 6, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 08/05/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on August 5, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Worldhealth.netby Media Bias/Fact Check on August 5, 2022 at 8:00 am