Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|TRUE||Claim by Iowa Senate Democrats: Gov. Kim Reynolds, touting $210 million for Iowa broadband, “failed to mention these are actually federal funds approved by Rep. Cindy Axne and signed into law by President Joe Biden.”
Politifact rating: True
|Claim by Bitchute Video: COVID-19 Vaccines Are Full Of Exclusive Nanotechnology to enslave the human species.
Lead Stories rating: False (Crackpottery from a Bitchute video)
|FALSE||Claim by Dana Perino: A law backed by Virginia Democrats barred local sheriffs from having military equipment that “would have come in very helpful” with the I-95 traffic jam.
PolitiFact rating: False (The law provides an exemption that agencies can apply for, and it doesn’t bar agencies from participating in a Pentagon program that offers surplus military equipment to law enforcement agencies.)
|FALSE||Claim by viral video: CDC Director Did Confess To At Least 4 Comorbidities In Over 75% Of COVID Deaths.
Lead Stories rating: False (taken out of context as it does not include the unvaccinated.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: “Clarence Thomas’s wife was one of the organizers of Jan 6th”
Politifact rating: False (There’s no evidence Thomas had a role in organizing the rally. She has not been subpoenaed by the House select committee investigating the attack.)
|(International: Australia): Claim by Scott Morrison: Only two countries provide free rapid COVID-19 tests for their citizens.
Australian Associated Press rating: Mostly False (At least six countries offer universal free rapid tests, although most of them require on-site testing at pharmacies or testing centres.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am