Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Low gas prices in Russia, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia show that Joe Biden’s decision to cancel the Keystone Pipeline project is to blame for U.S. prices.
PolitiFact rating: False (President Joe Biden’s decision to cancel the planned Keystone XL oil pipeline, which was not in operation, did not cause the recent increases in U.S. gasoline prices.)
|Claim by The Expose: Official government reports suggest the fully vaccinated will develop AIDS by the end of the year.
Full Fact rating: False (It doesn’t. There are problems with both the underlying data used to come to this conclusion and the analysis of it.)
|Claim via Social Media: “Kyle [Rittenhouse] put out a dumpster fire that was being rolled down to a gas station to blow up.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (Making stuff up to glorify Rittenhouse)
|FALSE||Claim by Nutritionist Mike Mutzel: “Pathogens evolve to become less, not more, virulent over time”
Health Feedback rating: Incorrect (a nutritionist is not an expert in pathology and he is wrong)
|FALSE||Claim via viral image: “Only Reuters” reported that the doctor who detected the omicron variant said its symptoms are “very mild.”
Politifact rating: False (Many news outlets covered it.)
|FALSE||(International: Australia): COVID-19 vaccination mandates are at odds with the 1986 Human Rights Commission Act
Australian Associated Press rating: False (Experts say the legislation in question does not have any relevance to vaccine mandates in Australia.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am